At Fushimi-Chikara-no-Yu, eleven different kinds of baths are filled with water adjusted to optimum temperatures. A leisurely soak here will help you forget your daily cares. Why not plunge yourself into a state of deep relaxation and revitalize your whole being here at Fushimi-Chikara-no Yu.
- Open - air baths
- The open-air baths, surrounded by natural rock surfaces are the perfect place to relax and stretch out in comfort. Our open-air baths are fed by natural hot spring, brought straight from No-se Art Lake Hot Spring everyday.
- Silk - Buro (Women only)
- This is a pure-white bath of water activated to create superfine bubbles. The gentle stimulation expands the capillaries on the skin’s surface and the fine vibrations which are generated when the water bounces against the skin have massaging effects, and soothes your skin.
- Jet Baths
- The air gets massage your body, creating an acupressure effect. Your mind is calmed, stress floats away, muscles are relaxed.
There are Long-wavelength Infrared Dry Sauna, Mist Sauna, and Salt Massage Sauna (women only). There is a bathtub of cold water just outside of saunas for cooling off.
Ganban'yoku(women only) is also available with extra charge.
Ganban’yoku is a hot stone spa with body-sized stones, such as granite, are inset into the floor and heated; users lie, clothed(outfit rental fee is included in the charge), on the stones, their bodies gradually heating up. Like low temperature saunas, ganban'yoku are said to have a detoxification effect, improve the circulatory system and are good for the skin.
- Leave your shoes in a shoe locker, deposit one hundred yen and lock it. (Coin will be refunded when you leave.) Bring the locker key with you (please do not loose it otherwise you will be charged).
- Pay admission by buying ticket at the ticket benders.
- Pass the ticket to Chikara-no-Yu staff at the front counter.
- Go upstairs and get to the datsuijo (脱衣場)changing rooms for男 =Men and女 =Women respectively. Both rooms have small cribs to take care of babies.
- Use any unlocked locker in the changing room. Take off your clothes. Leave clothes in the locker and deposit 100yen and lock it. Take the key with you all the time, even while you are in bath tab. It may be worn on the wrist.
- Enter the bathroom with a small towel and your amenities if you wish to use your own. Complimentary body soap and shampoo are available.
- There are plastic seats and buckets. Take a bucket and scoop out some hot water and pour it over yourself to rinse your body off outside the tub before getting in the bathtub.
- Soak in the bathtub. Please do not bring anything into the tub, not even a towel.
- Get out of the tub, sit down in front of the faucet on the low stool provided (not with your bottom directly on the floor).
Wash your body/hair in front of the faucet. Please do not use soap in the tub. Rinse off soap/shampoo thoroughly.
- Enjoy different kinds of baths and saunas as much as you want.
- Dry your body with your small towel before you go back to the changing room.
- Dry your body thoroughly with your bath towel and dress in the changing room.
Don’t forget to take your returned coin after you unlock the locker.
Note: persons with tattoos are asked to refrain from using facilities.